Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rosalie

The third in my vampire (err... Twilight... though I hate to admit it) series, this one was actually the first hat to sell at Anime Boston last weekend. I wanted to use lace and the same crystals and chains as the other hats had, but get a little more feminine. I called it the Rosalie because when I actually read the book (yes, I read it, though it was under protest because I was well aware of the horrible stuff the author calls "writing"), they describe her as being the peak of female perfection, and I thought it would fit with the lace and corsetry. I can totally see myself making more of these with different colored ribbons lacing up the side.

Rosalie:

Dark and seductive, the Rosalie draws every eye... and wearing her, so will you. The crown is covered in sheer black sparkling fabric, and a black velvet ribbon forms a luscious hat band. An inky black jewel is wrapped in silver filigree and accented with two tiny red rhinestones, bracketed by spiraling black feathers. Black gimp trim is sewn in a V-shape to reveal corset-laced red satin ribbon, while a silver chain is draped between twin antiqued silver buttons before supporting a pair of blood-red teardrop-shaped crystals wrapped in silver wire. If you give her the chance the Rosalie will draw you in... and there's no guarantee she'll let you back out again!

1 comment: