Saturday, March 6, 2010

My own hat...

This whole hat-making venture started because I was looking for a hat to wear with my own steampunk outfit... so obviously I couldn't forget to decorate a hat for myself in between all of the rest I've been posting! My costume is made of tweed (the same tweed I used in the Phoebe and Penelope) and a burgundy brocade, so I thought I'd tie in the hat by using the same fabrics in the hatband. Then I basically just went to town and included all of the components I liked from previous hats. Just about the only thing I couldn't get to fit in with the design was the peacock feathers (you'll see those on future hats), but just about everything else made it in! I won't bother writing up a fabulous description for this one, but it's got an antique copper keyhole, a clock face, several gears, a button, brass flowers, wire swirls, two ostrich plumes, and a tiny key dangling from one of the swirls that I think turned out to be really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment