Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Daphne

This started out as an aqua-themed hat, and I intended it to look vaguely ocean-y, but as you can see that idea just went out the window once I realized that the blue jewels I had just didn't work with the fabric, so I went with pink instead. Then it needed something to go with the paisley pattern in the brocade, so I added a pair of brass swirls. Then a few more. I may have gotten a little carried away with the swirls on this one, but they were so much fun that I just kept going. Then the feathers just worked themselves in... they remind me a little of daisy petals, but I think it works. So, without further ado:

Daphne:

Airy, whimsical, and full of fun, the Daphne is girly without being overly frilly, combining aqua and bubblegum pink to be elegant while remaining youthful. The Daphne features swirl upon swirl of brass wire, echoing the paisley pattern in the luscious aqua brocade layered over an iridescent pink and blue taffeta. The dual shades in the fabric tie into the pink acrylic wire-wrapped jewel that forms the centerpiece of this lovely hat, while brass flowers hand-set with tiny glass pearls provide delicate accents. Three white duck feathers soften the lines of the brass wire, framing the central embellishment and adding yet another layer of texture. This little hat is so adorable, you can't help smiling-- and neither will anyone else when they see you wearing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment