Monday, February 22, 2010

Scarlett

Okay, one thing you need to know is that I love red. Red silk, red brocade, red jewels... red is always the first color I gravitate towards when I'm looking for dresses, jewelry, anything, so I was dying to use these on a hat. The silk is the same silk I used to cover my wedding invitations, so it's obviously one of my favorite fabrics. Plus, the combination of the red jewels and silk just reminds me so much of the dress Scarlett O'Hara wore to Melanie's birthday after being caught kissing Ashley in Gone With the Wind. Perhaps not the best role model, but she always had style!

Scarlett:
Resplendent in silk, brocade, and glowing ruby-colored jewels, the Scarlett is rich, vibrant, and worthy of being worn by Ms. O'Hara herself. A large rectangular acrylic jewel gleams from within a centerpiece of intricate brass filigree accented with tiny sparkling rhinestones in diamond and ruby, and crimson dupioni silk peeps out from behind a wide band of scarlet satin brocade, patterned in black and gold. A nodding black ostrich plume is regal, while curling black goose feathers provide a sassy flair to this lovely, luscious, and ever-so-slightly impertinent hat. Vivien Leigh would be proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment